#followfriday (or #ff) is a tradition started by Micah Baldwin (according to Mashable), whereby you name Twitter user your followers should know about. It is important to provide information about the name user, to help others decide whether to follow them. Hence, in addition to naming interesting users on Twitter, I provide a bit of background information on them in here. Enjoy!
Tom Fishburne draws cartoons. Special ones. Tom’s cartoons are about marketing. And they are very funny, too.
Tom’s cartoons cover a variety of marketing topics, from Market Research to Social Media Return on Investment. They are accompanied by a brief text discussing the challenges faced by marketers around that topic.
The cartoons are brilliant – they are funny and, yet, they make you think. Plus, if you want to licence one of them, the prices are very reasonable.
Make sure you follow @tomfishburne for a regular laugh about serious (marketing) matters.
Previous follow friday recommendations (in alphabetical order):
- @ejtennant – Witty and entertaining posts from the creator of #virtualsecretsanta (Dec., 23rd 2011)
- @inesvarelasilva – Nutrition and health researcher, supporter of theatrical arts and Zumba fanatic (Jan., 27th 2012)
- @liveBarefoot – Redefining bookstores (Oct., 14th 2011)
- @markwschaefer – The latest insight into Social Media and what it means for businesses (Jan., 20th 2012)
- @mrsoaroundworld – For the hedonist in you (Oct., 21st 2011)
- @myographer – Management, pirates and personal branding (Oct., 7th 2011)
- @OxfordCityGuide – Helps you make the most of living in Oxford (Sep., 30th 2011)
- @PaulFennemore – For a strategic view on the potential and pitfalls of social commerce (Oct., 28th 2011)
- @PhD2Published – Academic writing advice and encouragement (Nov., 18th 2011)
- @ProfBangNguyen – Links to, and thoughts on, the latest technical developments and its consequences for marketing (Jan., 13th 2012)
- @qualityhunters – A great example of how to engage with a community on Social Media (Feb., 3rd 2012)