#followfriday (or #ff) is a tradition started by Micah Baldwin (according to Mashable), whereby you name Twitter user your followers should know about. It is important to provide information about the name user, to help others decide whether to follow them. Hence, in addition to naming interesting users on Twitter, I provide a bit of background information on them in here. Enjoy!
This week I seem to be obsessed with blogs and blogging – both from the point the view of bloggers and from the point of view of businesses and society. So, it is fitting that my #followfriday recommendation this week should go to @pushingsocial.
@pushingsocial is Stanford Smith’s twitter handle. And Stanford is on a mission to help you make the most of your blog.
Stanford writes and shares resources on areas as diverse as identifying topics to blog about, finding the time to write or getting your posts noticed. In fact, I find much of his advice relevant to writing in general, not just blogging.
If you blog – or are simply considering it – make sure you follow @pushingsocial.
Previous follow friday recommendations (in alphabetical order):
- @ejtennant – Witty and entertaining posts from the creator of #virtualsecretsanta (Dec., 23rd 2011)
- @inesvarelasilva – Nutrition and health researcher, supporter of theatrical arts and Zumba fanatic (Jan., 27th 2012)
- @liveBarefoot – Redefining bookstores (Oct., 14th 2011)
- @markwschaefer – The latest insight into Social Media and what it means for businesses (Jan., 20th 2012)
- @mrsoaroundworld – For the hedonist in you (Oct., 21st 2011)
- @myographer – Management, pirates and personal branding (Oct., 7th 2011)
- @OxfordCityGuide – Helps you make the most of living in Oxford (Sep., 30th 2011)
- @PaulFennemore – For a strategic view on the potential and pitfalls of social commerce (Oct., 28th 2011)
- @PhD2Published – Academic writing advice and encouragement (Nov., 18th 2011)
- @ProfBangNguyen – Links to, and thoughts on, the latest technical developments and its consequences for marketing (Jan., 13th 2012)
- @qualityhunters – A great example of how to engage with a community on Social Media (Feb., 3rd 2012)
- @tomfishburne – for a regular laugh about serious (marketing) matters (Feb., 17th 2012)