My #followfriday recommendation this week goes to @arjantupan, someone who inspires me to write and to be social.
I confessed how, sometimes, I struggle to write, even if I love it and even if my career depends on it. Yet, I have read that writing is like exercise: that you need to get in the habit and frame of mind of doing it everyday. And that’s exactly what Arjan does. Can you believe that he writes a poem a day? That’s right: one poem every single day.
How does he do it???
Not only does Arjan write poems regularly, but he writes about really quirky topics, too – running on treadmills, for instance! The poems are short, snappy and uplifting (and accompanied by beautiful pictures, too). You can find the poems here.
Arjan’s poetry is a great addition to my day. He is now working towards publishing a book of poetry, which he is financing in a really innovative way – see here.
But that’s not all. @arjantupan has many interests, and his tweets reflect this. He writes, shares content and interacts with other social media users about travel, about food, about running, about technology, about photography… I particularly like his photography – looking at everyday scenes from a quirky angle (like with his poetry, really).
@arjantupan puts the social in social media! He is a regular on ‘Travel Tuesday’ and ‘Friday Fotos’. And he created ‘Share Dish Wednesday’. He is also kind enough to comment regularly on my blog, for which I am ever so grateful.
This friday, follow @arjantupan – for a bit of poetry in your life.
Previous follow friday recommendations (in alphabetical order):
– @ejtennant – Witty and entertaining posts from the creator of #virtualsecretsanta (Dec., 23rd 2011)
– @inesvarelasilva – Nutrition and health researcher, supporter of theatrical arts and Zumba fanatic (Jan., 27th 2012)
– @liveBarefoot – Redefining bookstores (Oct., 14th 2011)
– @markwschaefer – The latest insight into Social Media and what it means for businesses (Jan., 20th 2012)
– @mrsoaroundworld – For the hedonist in you (Oct., 21st 2011)
– @myographer – Management, pirates and personal branding (Oct., 7th 2011)
– @OxfordCityGuide – Helps you make the most of living in Oxford (Sep., 30th 2011)
– @PaulFennemore – For a strategic view on the potential and pitfalls of social commerce (Oct., 28th 2011)
– @PhD2Published – Academic writing advice and encouragement (Nov., 18th 2011)
– @ProfBangNguyen – Links to, and thoughts on, the latest technical developments and its consequences for marketing (Jan., 13th 2012)
– @pushingsocial – To help you make the most of your blog (Mar., 2nd 2012)
– @qualityhunters – A great example of how to engage with a community on Social Media (Feb., 3rd 2012)
– @tomfishburne – for a regular laugh about serious (marketing) matters (Feb., 17th 2012)
2 thoughts on “#followfriday: @arjantupan”
So, I’ve finally recovered from the shock of seeing myself appear hear. Thank you so much, Ana. It’s really a big honour. The fun thing is, that I read some things back in it, that I really try to achieve with being me. So that’s good. Earlier last week, I was reading about 360 feedback on online personas, and this is a great one.Sadly, this month I was too busy with my poetry project to run a ShareDish, but I’ll get back in that game next month, hopefully.Again, thank you for this wonderful present. And getting back to your earlier influence post: I’ve received some new followers after this one, so you certainly influence people :).
You are very welcome, Arjan – it was long overdue