#followfriday (or #ff) is a tradition started by Micah Baldwin (according to Mashable), whereby you name Twitter user your followers should know about. It is important to provide information about the name user, to help others decide whether to follow them. Hence, in addition to naming interesting users on Twitter, I provide a bit of background information on them in here. Enjoy!
The start of the year is a time to look at the future, trying to identify the key challenges and opportunities ahead [Want to know how to identify the trends that matter? Check my earlier post, here]. If the future is a topic that interests you, then you should follow my colleague, Bang Nguyen. His Twitter handle is: @ProfBangNguyen.
@ProfBangNguyen’s twitter feed includes numerous links to articles on the latest technical developments and its consequences for human behaviour, society and business. There is no shortage of stimulating material!
Bang also teaches, researches and writes on topics of Customer Relationship Management, particularly on issues of customisation and perceptions of unfairness. I mention his work in this post.
Previous follow friday recommendations (in alphabetical order):
– @ejtennant – Witty and entertaining posts from the creator of #virtualsecretsanta (Dec., 23rd 2011)
– @liveBarefoot – redefining bookstores (Oct., 14th 2011)
– @mrsoaroundworld – for the hedonist in you (Oct., 21st 2011)
– @myographer – management, pirates and personal branding (Oct., 7th 2011)
– @OxfordCityGuide – helps you make the most of living in Oxford (Sep., 30th 2011)
– @PaulFennemore – for a strategic view on the potential and pitfalls of social commerce (Oct., 28th 2011)
– @PhD2Published – Academic writing advice and encouragement (Nov., 18th 2011)