#followfriday (or #ff) is a tradition started by Micah Baldwin (according to Mashable), whereby you name Twitter user your followers should know about. In addition to naming interesting users on Twitter, I provide a bit of background information on them in here. Enjoy!
Vanessa is a graphic designer based in Lisbon, Portugal. She tweets about design, user interface and the creative industry, and uses the Twitter handle @vanessasilva.
But even if you are not interested in any of these topics, consider following @vanessasilva because, every day, she publishes one picture made with the iPad app ‘Paper’. They are absolutely beautiful. This is one of my favourites.
More information about her work is available here.
Previous follow friday recommendations (in alphabetical order):
– @arjantupan – for a bit of poetry in your life (Mar., 9th 2012)
– @BBCBreaking – A reliable source of breaking news (Apr. 20th 2012)
– @ejtennant – Witty and entertaining posts from the creator of #virtualsecretsanta (Dec., 23rd 2011)
– @inesvarelasilva – Nutrition and health researcher, supporter of theatrical arts and Zumba fanatic (Jan., 27th 2012)
– @JamesLRamsay – Fresh thinking about business, leadership and entrepreneurship (May, 4th, 2012)
– @liveBarefoot – Redefining bookstores (Oct., 14th 2011)
– @markwschaefer – The latest insight into Social Media and what it means for businesses (Jan., 20th 2012)
– @mrsoaroundworld – For the hedonist in you (Oct., 21st 2011)
– @myographer – Management, pirates and personal branding (Oct., 7th 2011)
– @OxfordCityGuide – Helps you make the most of living in Oxford (Sep., 30th 2011)
– @PaulFennemore – For a strategic view on the potential and pitfalls of social commerce (Oct., 28th 2011)
– @PhD2Published – Academic writing advice and encouragement (Nov., 18th 2011)
– @ProfBangNguyen – Links to, and thoughts on, the latest technical developments and its consequences for marketing (Jan., 13th 2012)
– @pushingsocial – To help you make the most of your blog (Mar., 2nd 2012)
– @qualityhunters – A great example of how to engage with a community on Social Media (Feb., 3rd 2012)
– @Sidneyeve – Data and insight on digital popular culture (Apr., 6th 2012)
– @TMNinja – for useful tips to improve your productivity (Mar., 30th 2012)
– @tomfishburne – for a regular laugh about serious (marketing) matters (Feb., 17th 2012)