About a year ago, I delivered an introductory workshop to students of the MSc AI Strategy, about the role of Artificial Intelligence in Marketing. Recently, a colleague (from a different field) was asking me for an overview on this topic, and I shared this slide set with her. She said that it had been really helpful, so I thought that I would share it here, too.
I also recommended the following readings (which are also mentioned in the slideset, I think):
- This blog post for examples of applications of AI in marketing: https://anacanhoto.com/2018/06/26/some-thoughts-on-artificial-intelligence-and-what-it-means-for-marketing/
- This paper for an overview: Davenport, T., Guha, A., Grewal, D., & Bressgott, T. (2020). How artificial intelligence will change the future of marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 48(1), 24–42. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-019-00696-0.
- This paper for a a counter-balance (dark side): Canhoto, A. I., & Clear, F. (2020). Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning as business tools: factors influencing value creation and value destruction. Business Horizons, 63(1) 183-193. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2019.11.003
- This paper is listed to Advertising, but is a good and easy read: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327500836_Artificial_Intelligence_in_Advertising_How_Marketers_Can_Leverage_Artificial_Intelligence_Along_the_Consumer_Journey
- This one looks at customer perceptions of AI: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342574519_The_dark_side_of_AI-powered_service_interactions_exploring_the_process_of_co-destruction_from_the_customer_perspective
I might have a recording of this sessions somewhere. Let me know if you would find it useful, and I will try to find it (and edit it), to share later.